The shortlist has been posted for the 2012 Norma K Hemming Award, given by the Australian Science Fiction Foundation for thought-provoking approaches to race, gender, sexuality, class and disability in Australian speculative fiction. The winner will be announced Continuum Eight, the 51 Australian Natcon in Melbourne over the June 8-11 weekend.
The following books are up for the award:
- Black Glass, by Meg Mundell
- Bluegrass Symphony, collection by Lisa L. Hannett
- The Devil’s Diadem, by Sara Douglass
- Eona, by Alison Goodman
- Hindsight, by A. A. Bell
- Nightsiders, by Sue Isle
- Road To The Soul, by Kim Falconer
- The Shattered City, by Tansy Rayner Roberts
- Yellowcake Springs, by Guy Salvidge
Click on the link to see more information about Norma K. Hemming.
[Thanks to Australian SF Bullsheet for the story.]