The nominees for the 2013 Sidewise Award for Alternate History are:
- Vylar Kaftan, “The Weight of the Sunrise” (Asimov’s, 2/13)
- Ken Liu, “A Brief History of the Trans-Pacific Tunnel” (F&SF, 1/13)
- Adam Roberts, “Tollund” (The Book of the Dead, Jurassic London)
- Kristine Kathryn Rusch, “Uncertainty” (Asimov’s, 3/13)
- Harry Turtledove, “Cayos in the Stream” (Tor.com, 8/7/13)
- Ian Watson, “Blair’s War” (Asimov’s, 7/12)
- Robert Conroy, 1920: America’s Great War (Baen)
- Mark Hodder, The Secret of Abdu el Yezdi (Pyr, Ebury)
- D. J. Taylor, The Windsor Faction (Pegasus, Chatto & Windus)
- Bryce Zabel, Surrounded by Enemies : What If Kennedy Survived Dallas? (Mill City Press)
The winners will be announced at Loncon 3 in August.
The Sidewise Awards have been presented annually since 1995 to recognize excellence in alternate historical fiction. The award is designated by the calendar year of eligibility rather than the year in which the award is presented. The 2013 nominees were selected by a panel of judges: Stephen Baxter, Evelyn Leeper, Jim Rittenhouse, Stu Shiffman, Kurt Sidaway, and Steven H Silver.
[Thanks to Steven H Silver for the story.]