The winners of the 2014 Kurd Laßwitz Preis, the best-known sf award in Germany, have been announced.
The award, named after early sf author Kurd Laßwitz (1848–1910), has been given since 1981 to exceptional German sf works and translations. For more information (in German) see the official site here.
- Dschiheads, by Wolfgang Jeschke (Heyne)
Best Short Story
- “Coen Sloterdykes Diametral Levitierendes Chronoversum,” by Michael Marrak (Nova 05/13)
Best Foreign Work
- “In Einer Anderen Welt,” by Jo Walton (Among Others) (Golkonda)
- “James Tiptree Jr. : Das Doppelleben der Alice B. Sheldon“ (James Tiptree Jr. : The Double Life of Alice B. Sheldon) by Julie Phillips, translated by Margo Jane Warnken (Septime)
Best German SF Graphical Art 2013
- Pierangelo Boog for the cover of Exodus 30
Special Prize for Achievement over the Years
- Martin Kempf and his team of Fandom Observer for publishing 300 issues in 25 years