The 2014 Theodore Sturgeon Memorial Award shortlist was announced on May 1 by Christopher McKitterick, Director of the Gunn Center for the Study of Science Fiction. The award is given for the best science fiction short story of the year:
- “Bloom,” Gregory Norman Bossert. Asimov’s, Dec 2013.
- “The Weight of the Sunrise,” Vylar Kaftan. Asimov’s, Feb 2013.
- “They Shall Salt the Earth with Seeds of Glass,” Alaya Dawn Johnson. Asimov’s, Jan 2013.
- “Over There,” Will McIntosh. Asimov’s, Jan 2013.
- “The Wildfires of Antarctica,” Alan De Niro. Tyrannia and Other Renditions, Small Beer Press.
- “The Irish Astronaut,” Val Nolan. Electric Velocipede, May 2013.
- “In Joy, Knowing the Abyss Behind,” Sarah Pinsker. Strange Horizons, July 2013.
- “Mystic Falls,” Robert Reed. Clarkesworld, Nov 2013.
- “Selected Program Notes from the Retrospective Exhibition of Theresa Rosenberg Latimer,” Kenneth Scheyer. Clockwork Phoenix 4, Mythic Delirium Books.
- “The Urishima Effect,” E. Lily Yu. Clarkesworld, June 2013.
The winners will be revealed at the Campbell Conference on Friday, June 13 at the University of Kansas in Lawrence.