Finalists for 2014 European Utopiales Prize have been announced. Given by the Nantes International Science Fiction Festival, the prize rewards a novel, or a collection, published in French during the eligibility period whose author is a citizen of a country belonging to the European Community. The prize has a cash value of 2000 euros.
- 7 secondes pour devenir un aigle by Thomas Day, Éditions Le Bélial
- Juste à temps by Philippe Curval, Éditions La Volte
- L’Opéra de Shaya by Sylvie Lainé, Éditions Actusf
- La longue terre by Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter, Éditions L’Atalante
- Sumerki by Dmitry Glukhovsky, Éditions L’Atalante
The award jury includes Jean-Pierre Dionnet (writer, scriptwriter and journalist), Florence Porcel (writer, journalist and actress) and Guillaume Choplin (reader).
[ Via Europa SF.]