By JJ: We’ve spent a lot of time over the last several months reading and discussing the Hugo Best Novel finalists. This thread has been created to give us the opportunity to discuss the rest of the entries on the longlist.
- Trial By Fire, by Charles E. Gannon (read Chapters 1-14)
- The Chaplain’s War, by Brad Torgersen (read Chapters 1-13)
- Lock In, by John Scalzi (read Chapters 1-5)
- City of Stairs, by Robert Jackson Bennett (excerpt)
- The Martian, by Andy Weir (excerpt)
- Words of Radiance, by Brandon Sanderson (read Chapters 1-6)
- My Real Children, by Jo Walton (read Chapters 1-7)
- The Mirror Empire, by Kameron Hurley (read Chapters 1-5)
- Lagoon, by Nnedi Okorafor (excerpt)
- The Southern Reach Trilogy ( Annihilation, Authority, Acceptance), by Jeff Vandermeer (excerpt)
Please employ your best judgment, and use rot13 to encrypt anything especially spoilery, in consideration of those who may not have gotten to read all of the entries yet.