The nominees for the 2015 Sidewise Award for Alternate History have been announced.
The juried award has been presented annually since 1995 to recognize excellence in alternate historical fiction. This year’s judges were Stephen Baxter, Karen Hellekson, Matt Mitrovich, Jim Rittenhouse, Kurt Sidaway, and Steven H Silver.
The winners will be revealed at MidAmeriCon II on August 20.
- Eneasz Brodski, “Red Legacy,” Asimov’s, 2/15
- Eric Cline, “Elizabethtown,” Galaxy’s Edge 17
- Bill Crider, “It Doesn’t Matter Anymore,” Tales from the Otherverse, Rough Edges Press
- Rev Dicerto, “Losing Amelia,” Deco Punk: The Spirit of the Age, Pink Narcissus Press
- Ken Poyner, “The Last of Time,” Daily SF, 11/05/15
- James Reasoner, “The Hero of Deadwood,” Tales from the Otherverse, Rough Edges Press
- Julie Mayhew, The Big Lie, Hot Key Books
- Tony Schumacher, The British Lion, William Morrow
- Harry Turtledove, Joe Steele, Roc
The Sidewise Award takes its name from Murray Leinster’s 1934 short story “Sidewise in Time,” in which a strange storm causes portions of Earth to swap places with their analogs from other timelines.