The 2017 Australian SF (“Ditmar”) Awards for 2017 were presented June 11 at Continuum 13 in Melbourne.
- The Grief Hole, Kaaron Warren, IFWG Publishing Australia.
Best Novella or Novelette
- “Did We Break the End of the World?”, Tansy Rayner Roberts, in Defying Doomsday, Twelfth Planet Press.
Best Short Story
- “No Fat Chicks”, Cat Sparks, in In Your Face, FableCroft Publishing.
Best Collected Work
- Defying Doomsday, Tsana Dolichva and Holly Kench, Twelfth Planet Press.
- Dreaming in the Dark, Jack Dann, PS Publishing.
- illustration, Shauna O’Meara, for Lackington’s 12.
Best Fan Publication in Any Medium
- 2016 Australian SF Snapshot, Greg Chapman, Tehani Croft, Tsana Dolichva, Marisol Dunham, Elizabeth Fitzgerald, Stephanie Gunn, Ju Landéesse, David McDonald, Belle McQuattie, Matthew Morrison, Alex Pierce, Rivqa Rafael, Tansy Rayner Roberts, Helen Stubbs, Katharine Stubbs and Matthew Summers.
Best Fan Writer
- Foz Meadows, for body of work.
Best Fan Artist
[No award in category — the only nominee, Kathleen Jennings, withdrew.]
Best New Talent
- Marlee Jane Ward
William Atheling Jr Award for Criticism or Review
- Kate Forsyth, for The Rebirth of Rapunzel: a mythic biography of the maiden in the tower, FableCroft Publishing.
Other Awards Presented
A. Bertram Chandler Award
- Bill Wright, who has been in fandom for 59 years
Peter McNamara Achievement Award
- Rose Mitchell
— George Ivanoff (@George_Ivanoff) June 11, 2017
— Continuum Convention (@continuum_con) June 11, 2017