Finalists for this year’s John W. Campbell Memorial Award for best science fiction novel have been selected. Christopher McKitterick, director of the Gunn Center for the Study of Science Fiction and newly named Campbell Award chair announced the list on the award’s website.
- The Rift by Nina Allan
- Tropic of Kansas by Christopher Brown
- Future Home of the Living God by Louise Erdrich
- The Stars Are Legion by Kameron Hurley
- The Moon and the Other by John Kessel
- The Stargazer’s Embassy by Eleanor Lerman
- Austral by Paul McAuley
- Autonomous by Annalee Newitz
- After the Flare by Deji Bryce Olukotun
- New York 2140 by Kim Stanley Robinson
- The People’s Police by Norman Spinrad
- Borne by Jeff VanderMeer
- The Genius Plague by David Walton
The Campbell Award jury members are: Gregory Benford, Sheila Finch, Elizabeth Anne Hull, Paul Kincaid (since 2008), Christopher McKitterick (since 2002; Chair beginning in 2018), Pamela Sargent (since 1997), and Lisa Yaszek (since 2016).