The judges of the 2018 Philip K. Dick Award and the Philadelphia SF Society, along with the Philip K. Dick Trust, have announced the seven nominated works that comprise the final ballot for the award:
- The Book of Etta by Meg Elison (47North)
- Six Wakes by Mur Lafferty (Orbit)
- After the Flare by Deji Bryce Olukotun (The Unnamed Press)
- The Wrong Stars by Tim Pratt (Angry Robot)
- Revenger Alastair Reynolds (Orbit)
- Bannerless by Carrie Vaughn (Mariner/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt)
- All Systems Red by Martha Wells (Tor.com)
First prize and any special citations will be announced on Friday, March 30, 2018 at Norwescon 41 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Seattle Airport, SeaTac, Washington.
The Philip K. Dick Award is presented annually with the support of the Philip K. Dick Trust for distinguished science fiction published in paperback original form in the United States during the previous calendar year.
The award is sponsored by the Philadelphia Science Fiction Society and the Philip K. Dick Trust. The award ceremony is sponsored by the Northwest Science Fiction Society.
Last year’s winner was The Mercy Journals by Claudia Casper (Arsenal Press Publications) with a special citation to Unpronounceable by Susan DiRende (Aqueduct Press).
The 2017 judges are Deborah J. Ross (chair), Robert Onopa, James Stoddard, Amy Thomson, and Rick Wilber.