The winners of the 2019 Kurd Laßwitz Preis have been posted.
The award is named after German author Kurd Laßwitz and was first given in 1981. It is given to works written in or translated into the German language and published during the previous year.
Best German Science-Fiction Novel
- NSA – Nationales Sicherheits-Amt by Andreas Eschbach
Best German Short Prosa
- Confinement by Thorsten Küper
Best Foreign Science-Fiction Book (translated into German):
- Eiswelt [Early Riser] by Jasper Fforde
- Jakob Schmidt for the translation of New York 2140 [New York 2140] by Kim Stanley Robinson
The decision will be made during a runoff election at a later date.
Best Cover Art or Illustration
- Michael Marrak for the cover of Die Reise zum Mittelpunkt der Zeit
Special Award for Extraordinary Achievements
- Ronald M. Hahn, Michael K. Iwoleit, and Helmuth W. Mommers for founding and publishing Nova Magazin, and Olaf G. Hilscher, Frank Kebben and Michael Haitel for the continuation and co-editorship [of the magazine]
The awards will be presented on November 2 at the 11th Penta-Cons, a literary symposium on science fiction to held in the Palitzsch Museum of Dresden, Germany.
[Via Europa SF.]