Congratulations to Tade Thompson, winner of the 2019 Prix Julia Verlanger for his novel Les Meurtres de Molly Southbourne (Le Bélial’) [published in English as The Murders of Molly Southbourne.] The winner was announced at the Nantes Utopiales Festival on November 1.
The Julia Verlanger Foundation was created by Jean-Pierre Verlanger under the auspices of the Fondation de France in 1990 to perpetuate the memory of his wife (1929-1985), author of many science fiction novels under the pseudonym Gilles Thomas.
The other works on the award shortlist were —
- Sam J. Miller – La Cité de l’orque (Albin Michel Imaginaire)
- Christian Léourier – Helstrid (Le Bélial’)
- Jodi Taylor – Les Chroniques de Sainte Mary T1 (HC Editions)
- Ann Leckie – Provenance (J’ai Lu)
- Tade Thompson – Rosewater (J’ai Lu)
The Prix Julia Verlanger, run by the Fondation de France, is awarded annually to a science fiction work of adventure, fantasy or fantastique.