The winners of the 2020 Costa Book Awards, a UK literary prize sponsored by a coffee company, have been announced. The Best Novel category has been won by a book of genre interest, The Mermaid of Black Conch by Monique Roffey.
There are five awards categories overall, and the winner of each receives £5,000.
The Costa Book of the Year will be chosen from among them, and get £30,000 prize. The winning book will be announced January 26.
2020 FIRST NOVEL AWARD
- Love After Love by Ingrid Persaud (Faber)
2020 NOVEL AWARD
- The Mermaid of Black Conch: A Love Story by Monique Roffey (Peepal Tree)
2020 BIOGRAPHY AWARD
- The Louder I Will Sing by Lee Lawrence (Sphere)
2020 POETRY AWARD
- The Historians by Eavan Boland (Carcanet)
2020 CHILDREN’S BOOK AWARD
- Voyage of the Sparrowhawk by Natasha Farrant (Faber)
[Via Locus Online.]