The preliminary ballot for the Australian SF (“Ditmar”) Awards for 20202 has been made available for comment and correction before becoming final.
The nominees are award-eligible works and persons first nominated by fans and members of the Australian NatCon which have been compiled into a ballot by a sub-committee elected at the previous National SF Convention business meeting.
The awards will be presented at the 2020 Ditmar Awards ceremony, hosted by Swancon (April 24-26, 2021 in Perth, Australia.)
The Final ballot will have a “No Award” option in each category.
- Claiming T-Mo, Eugen Bacon, Meerkat Press.
- The Year of the Fruit Cake, Gillian Polack, IFWG Publishing Australia.
Best Short Fiction
- “into bones like oil”, Kaaron Warren, in Into Bones like Oil, Meerkat Press.
- “Whom My Soul Loves”, Rivqa Rafael, in Strange Horizons, 11 November 2019.
Best Collected Work
- Collision, J.S. Breukelaar, Meerkat Press.
Best Fan Publication in Any Medium
- Be The Serpent podcast, Alexandra Rowland, Jennifer Mace and Freya Marske.
- SF Commentary, Bruce Gillespie.
Best Fan Writer
- Bruce Gillespie, for writing in SF Commentary and ANZAPA articles.
- Elizabeth Fitzgerald, for reviews in Skiffy and Fanty.
Best Fan Artist
Best New Talent
- Freya Marske
William Atheling Jr Award for Criticism or Review
- Eugen Bacon, for Writing Speculative Fiction, Red Globe Press.
- Grant Watson, reviews on FictionMachine.