The Short Mystery Society unveiled the 2021 Derringer Award winners on May 1.
And congratulations to Brendan DuBois, winner of the Edward D. Hoch Memorial Golden Derringer for Lifetime Achievement!
2021 Derringer Awards
- Blackwell, C.W. “Memories of Fire.” Pulp Modern
- Richardson, Travis. “War Words.” Punk Noir
- Jones, Eleanor Cawood. “The Great Bedbug Incident and the Invitation of Doom.” Chesapeake Crimes: Invitation to Murder.
- Woodson, Stacy. “River.” The Beat of Black Wings: Crime Fiction Inspired by the Songs of Joni Mitchell
- Chen, Sarah M. “Hotelin’.”Shotgun Honey: Volume #4: Recoil
- Taylor, Art. “The Boy Detective and the Summer of ’74.” AHMM: January/February 2020
THE EDWARD D. HOCH MEMORIAL GOLDEN DERRINGER FOR LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT — Annually awarded to an outstanding living writer of short mysteries.
- Brendan DuBois