The shortlists for the 33rd Annual Lambda Literary Awards were announced March 15. These finalists in 24 categories were selected by a panel of over 60 literary professionals from more than 1,000 book submissions from over 300 publishers.
The winners will be revealed during the virtual 33rd Annual Lambda Literary Awards Ceremony to be held on June 1.
Shortlisted works of genre interest are listed below. The complete roster of finalists is here.
LGBTQ Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror
- Black Sun, Rebecca Roanhorse, (Gallery / Saga Press)
- Everyone on the Moon is Essential Personnel, Julian K. Jarboe, (Lethe Press)
- The Order of the Pure Moon Reflected in Water, Zen Cho, (Tordotcom Publishing)
- The Silence of the Wilting Skin, Tlotlo Tsamaase, (Pink Narcissus Press)
- Subcutanean, Aaron A. Reed, (Self-published)
Works of genre interest in other categories include:
- This Town Sleeps, Dennis E. Staples (Counterpoint)
- Bestiary, K-Ming Chang (One World)
- Finna, Nino Cipri (Tordotcom)
- The Seep, Chana Porter (Soho)
- Trans-Galactic Bike Ride: Feminist Bicycle Science Fiction Stories of Transgender and Nonbinary Adventurers, Lydia Rogue (Microcosm)
- The Ghost and Charlie Muir, Felice Stevens (self-published)
- Love after the End: An Anthology of Two-Spirit and Indigiqueer Speculative Fiction, Joshua Whitehead (Arsenal Pulp)
LGBTQ Children’s/Middle Grade
- The Deep & Dark Blue, Niki Smith (Little, Brown)
- Apsara Engine, Bishakh Som (Feminist)
- SFSX (Safe Sex), Vol. 1: Protection, Tina Horn, Michael Dowling, Alejandra Gutiérrez & Jen Hickman (Image)