The International Association of Media Tie-In Writers President Jonathan Maberry announced the 2021 Scribe Award nominees on June 9.
The IAMTW’s Scribe Awards honor licensed works that tie in with other media such as television, movies, gaming, or comic books.
IAMTW President Jonathan Maberry will announce the winners on Friday July 2 at 4 p.m. Pacific time via Facebook Live on the organization’s group page.
- The Enemy of My Enemy by Tracey Ann Baines
- He Kills Me, He Kills Me Not by Carrie Thompson
- Out of Time by Matt Fitton
- Save Our Souls by Scott Handcock
- Tropical Beach Sounds and Other Relaxing Seascapes #4 by Tim Foley
GENERAL ORIGINAL NOVEL AND ADAPTED NOVEL
- Masquerade for Murder by Max Allan Collins
- Mindgame by David J. Howe
- Day Zero (Watch Dogs Legion) by James Swallow & Josh Reynolds
- The Rise of Skywalker by Rae Carson
- Blade Runner by Michael Green and Mike Johnson
- Darth Vader Volume 1: Dark Heart of the Sith by Greg Pak
- Horizon Zero Dawn by Ann Toole
- Life is Strange by Emma Vieceli
- Two Doctors by Jody Houser
ORIGINAL NOVEL – SPECULATIVE
- Firefly: The Ghost Machine by James Lovegrove
- MCU Avengers: The Extinction Key by Greg Keyes
- Star Trek Discovery: Die Standing by John Jackson Miller
- Star Trek: More Beautiful Than Death by David Mack (Kelvin Timeline)
- Star Trek: Agents of Influence by Dayton Ward (TOS)
- “Extermination Examination” by Robbie MacNiven
- “Scritch, Scratch” by Monica Valentinelli
- “Stone by Stone” by Christie Golden
- “Useful Parasites” by M. K. Hutchins
- “A View from Olympus” by Gareth Hanrahan
- In the Study With the Wrench by Diana Peterfreund
- Liberty and Justice for All by Carrie Harris
- The Rise of Skywalker by Michael Kogge
- The Rise of the Archer-Illager by Matt Forbeck
- The Unexplainable Disappearance of Mars Patel by Sheela Chari
FAUST AWARD: The International Association of Media Tie-In Writers also announced the 2021 Faust Award for lifetime achievement is being presented to IAMTW founder Max Allan Collins.
Mr. Collins’ has developed a dozen Mike Hammer novels from Mickey Spillane’s files. For the popular CSI TV series (and its spinoffs), he wrote ten best-selling novels, four graphic novels, and four award-winning video games—and several puzzles! He has written tie-in novels for NYPD Blue, Dark Angel and Criminal Minds. Other tie-in work includes such diverse franchises as G. I. Joe, Maverick, Saving Private Ryan, and The Mummy (to name only a few). His tie-in books that have appeared on the USA Today and the New York Times bestseller list include Saving Private Ryan, Air Force One, and American Gangster. Among his other movie novels are Dick Tracy, Maverick, The Pink Panther, Windtalkers, Waterworld, U-571, The X Files: I Want to Believe, and Road to Perdition from his own graphic novel.
In addition, Mr. Collins’ produced screenplays include Mommy and The Last Lullaby, based on his Quarry novels, also the basis of a recent Cinemax series. He has scripted the Dick Tracy comic strip, Batman, and co-created Ms. Tree and Wild Dog. On top of all those accomplishments—and other plentiful awards—Mr. Collins co-founded the IAMTW.