The winners of the 2021 Splatterpunk Awards, honoring superior achievement for works published in 2020 in the sub-genres of Splatterpunk and Extreme Horror, were announced during KillerCon on August 21.
- The Magpie Coffin by Wile E. Young (Death’s Head Press)
- True Crime by Samantha Kolesnik (Grindhouse Press)
BEST SHORT STORY
- “My Body” by Wesley Southard (from Midnight In the Pentagram, Silver Shamrock Publishing)
- The Essential Sick Stuff by Ronald Kelly (Silver Shamrock Publishing)
- Worst Laid Plans edited by Samantha Kolesnik (Grindhouse Press)
J. F. GONZALEZ LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
- John Skipp, editor
HALL OF FAME. Brian Keene also announced the creation of the Splatterpunk Awards Hall of Fame, “a physical, traveling memorial and showcase honoring those who have left their mark on the fields of Splatterpunk and Extreme Horror.” The initial Splatterpunk Award Hall of Fame Inductees will be: David J. Schow, David Barnett, Edward Lee, John Skipp, Richard Laymon, Jack Ketchum, Charlee Jacob, John Pelan, and J.F. Gonzalez. Debuts at next year’s KillerCon in Austin.