It’s 2014, so it’s time for the 2013 nominees for the Philip K. Dick Award to be unveiled, because that’s how the PKD Award rolls.
The Award is presented annually to best paperback original book by the Philadelphia Science Fiction Society and the Philip K. Dick Trust.
SF Site has announced the nominees are –
- A Calculated Life, by Anne Charnock
- The Mad Scientist’s Daughter, by Cassandra Rose Clarke
- Self-Reference Engine, by Toh EnJoe, translated by Terry Gallagher
- Ancillary Justice, by Ann Leckie
- Life on the Preservation, by Jack Skillingstead
- Solaris Rising 2: The New Solaris Book of Science Fiction, edited by Ian Whates
- Countdown City, by Ben H. Winters
This year’s PKD Award judges are Elizabeth Bear (chair), Siobhan Carroll, Michael Kandel, Jamil Nasir, and Tim Sullivan.
The winner will be announced on April 18 at Norwescon 37 in Seatac, WA.