By JJ: We’ve spent a lot of time over the last several months reading and discussing the 2015 Hugo Best Novelette finalists. This thread has been created to give us the opportunity to discuss the rest of the entries on the longlist. Links are included to the works online, so that you can read them (if you have not already done so) and comment.
- “Each to Each” by Seanan McGuire
- “The Devil in America” by Kai Ashante Wilson
- “The Litany of Earth” by Ruthanna Emrys
- “The Magician and LaPlace’s Demon” by Tom Crosshill
- “A Year and a Day in Old Theradane” by Scott Lynch
- “The Bonedrake’s Penance” by Yoon Ha Lee
- “Spring Festival: Happiness, Anger, Love, Sorrow, Joy” by Xia Jia
- “We are the Cloud” by Sam J. Miller
- “A Guide to the Fruits of Hawai’i” by Alaya Dawn Johnson
- “The Husband Stitch” by Carmen Maria Machado
Please employ your best judgment, and use rot13 to encrypt anything especially spoilery, in consideration of those who may not have gotten to read all of the entries yet.