MidAmeriCon II, the 2016 Worldcon, has shared statistics about Code of Conduct issues handled by the Incident Response Team. Although a few instances resulted in public announcements, they generally will not be commenting on any of the details.
MidAmeriCon II received 40 official reports through the Incident Response Team’s report process.
- 4 of the reports we received were made pre-con.
- There were 28 distinct incidents reported.
- 18 of the 28 incidents required additional follow up by the IRT.
- 8 of the reports included information about previous and/or ongoing patterns of harassing behavior by the person who’s behavior was being reported.
- 11 incidents included verbal harassment.
- 7 incidents included physical intimidation or unwanted physical contact.
- 5 incidents resulted in a response more substantial than a warning.
- 3 incidents resulted in membership revocation or suspension.
- 1 incident resulted in removal from a volunteer position.
- 6 incidents resulted in a warning.
- 17 incidents resulted in neither warning nor any sort of more substantive action being taken.