The winners of the 48th Seiun Awards were announced on July 22.
The Seiun Award Ceremony will be held on August 26th at Donburacon LL, the 56th Japan SF Convention in Shizuoka, Japan.
Best Japanese Long Story
- ULTRAMAN F by Yasumi Kobayashi (Hayakawa Publishing, Inc.)
Best Japanese Short Story
- “Last and First Idol” by Gengen Kusano (Hayakawa Publishing, Inc.)
Best Translated Long Story
- United States of Japan by Peter Tieryas / tr. Naoya Nakahara (Hayakawa Publishing, Inc.)
Best Tranlated Short Story
- “Backward, Turn Backward” by James Tiptree, Jr. / tr. Kazuko Onoda (Hayakawa Publishing, Inc.)
- “Simulacrum” by Ken Liu / tr. Furusawa Yoshimichi (Hayakawa Publishing, Inc.)
Best Dramatic Presentation
- Shin Godzilla
- KOCHIRA KATSUSHIKAKU KAMEARIKOENMAE HASHUTSUJYO by Akimoto Osamu (Shueisha, Inc.)
- Naoyuki Katoh
- “SF” IS “SUTEKI FICTION” by Haruna Ikezawa (Hayakawa Publishing, Inc.)
- The 113th element was named Nihonium.
by Element 113 Research Group led by Group Director Kosuke Morita of the RIKEN Nishina Center for Accelerator-Based Science Research Group for Superheavy Element
[Thanks to Hirohide (Jack R.) Hirai for the story.]