The 50th Anniversary of the original Twilight Zone will be celebrated Sunday, December 12 from 2-4 p.m. at Mystery & Imagination Bookshop in Glendale, CA. Six famous Twilight Zone personalities will talk and sign:
- Marc Zicree, screenwriter and World’s Twilight Zone expert who was put to the test live on NPR last year;
- Director Rober Butler (who directed George Takei in the Twilight Zone episode “The Encounter”)
- Actress Arlene Martell (Twilight Zone, Outer Limits)
- Dennis Etchison, who wrote over 100 Twilight Zone radio scripts)
- George Clayton Johnson, who wrote Twilight Zone episodes “The Four of Us Are Dying,” “Execution, “The Prime Mover,” “A Penny for Your Thoughts,” “A Game of Pool” (Jonathan Winters and Jack Klugman), “Nothing in the Dark” (Robert Redford), “Kick the Can” (remade by Steven Spielberg in the Twilight Zone movie), and “Ninety Years Without Slumbering.”
- Earl Hamner, Jr., creator of The Waltons and Falcon Crest and writer of Twilight Zone episodes “The Hunt,” “A Piano in the House,” “Jess-Belle, Ring-a-ding Girl” (Carol Burnet), “You Drive,” “Black Leather Jackets,” “Stopover in a Quiet Town” and “The Bewitchin’ Pool” (the last aired episode of Twilight Zone).
[Thanks to John King Tarpinian for the story.]