ScareLa premieres next weekend, August 10-11, a Los Angeles convention about celebrating Halloween that will feature top haunted/scary attraction designers and operators, manufacturers, artists, and filmmakers.
What’s that mean? Consider just one example of who’s on the guest list — Chris Williams, Art Director for Universal Studios Hollywood’s Halloween Horror Nights. Theme park and private haunted house designers are part of the mix.
The event will include —
- Curated collection of exhibitors showcasing scary goods, services & job opportunities
- Expert and celebrity panels on the haunt business, horror entertainment and more
- Presentations of top and upcoming local haunts with sneak peaks and unveils
- Performances by local horror themed theatre companies and musicians
- Professional demos of makeup, set building, costume creation, animatronics and more
- Hands-on workshops taught by top haunt industry professionals for all skill levels and ages
- Onsite haunt experiences.
- Screening room showing premiere attraction walk-throughs and local horror filmmakers