Apex Magazine Issue 74 (July 2015) offeres original fiction from Rich Larson (“Going Endo”), A. A. Balaskovits (“All Who Tremble”), and Shira Lipkin (“Never Choose This Way”), plus poetry (“How the World was Made – A Super Crown” by Roger Bonair-Agard). Also, Rich Larson is interviewed by Andrea Johnson, and cover artist Carly Sorge is interviewed by Russell Dickerson. The nonfiction article this month is by Mark Allan Gunnells.
There an excerpt from Apex Book Company’s latest release, For Exposure: The Life and Times of a Small Press Publisher by Jason Sizemore. In the excerpted chapter Jason discusses the realities of the Apex Magazine slush pile.
Exclusive for eBook/subscriber buyers is a reprint by adrienne maree brown, and a novel excerpt from The War Against the Assholes by Sam Munson.
All of the original fiction, poetry, and nonfiction is available for free online at the Apex Magazine website.
The entire issue is available for only $2.99 in PDF, ePub, and mobi formats direct from Apex, or through Weightless Books, Amazon, and Barnes & Noble. Subscriptions are also available on either a yearly or monthly basis.
- “Going Endo” by Rich Larson
- “All Who Tremble” by A.A. Balaskovits
- “Never Chose This Way” Shira Lipkin
- “The River” by adrienne maree brown (eBook/subscriber exclusive)
- “How the World Was Made–A Super Crown” by Roger Bonair-Agard
- The War Against the Assholes by Sam Munson (eBook/subscriber exclusive)
- For Exposure: The Life and Times of a Small Press Publisher by Jason Sizemore
- “Words from the Editor-in-Chief” by Jason Sizemore
- “How Horror Made Me More Empathetic” by Mark Allan Gunnells
- “Apex Author Interview with Rich Larson” by Andrea Johnson
- “Apex Cover Artist Interview with Carly Sorge” by Russell Dickerson
- “Clavis Aurea: A Review of Short Fiction” by Charlotte Ashley
- Download Podcast #25 (“Going Endo” by Rich Larson) or listen using the player below. (18:33 in length)