Apex Magazine #81 features original fiction by Benjanun Sriduangkaew, Daniel Rosen, and Betsy Phillips.
Heather Morris, Mike Jewett, Crystal Lynn Hilbert, and Laurel Dixon have contributed four poems.
Andrea Johnson interviewed Benjanun Sriduangkaew about her story and writing. Russell Dickerson talked with cover artist David Demaret about his work.
Also in the issue is a reprint of Nick Mamatas’s novelette “On the Occasion of My Retirement.”
Over the course of the month all of the issue’s content will be made available free online. The immediately available material is linked below and, for the rest, the release schedule is shown.
The full issue can be purchased now for $2.99, in PDF, ePub, or mobi formats direct from Apex of through one of their online retailers. Subscriptions are also available.
- Words from the Editor-in-Chief by Jason Sizemore
- The Beast at the End of Time by Benjanun Sriduangkaew (Short Story)
- Interview with Author Benjanun Sriduangkaew by Andrea Johnson (February 3rd)
- Calabash by Mike Jewett (Poetry, February 5th)
- Anabaptist by Daniel Rosen (Short Fiction, February 8th)
- Interview with David Demaret, Cover Artist by Russell Dickerson (February 10th)
- Little and Red by Crystal Lynn Hilbert (Poetry, February 12th)
- The Four Gardens of Fate by Betsy Phillips (Short Fiction, February 16th)
- Arrhythmia by Heather Morris (Poetry, February 18th)
- On the Occasion of My Retirement by Nick Mamatas (Novelette, February 22nd)
- Glitch Rain by Alex Livingston (Novel Excerpt, February 23rd)
- Paper Unicorn by Laurel Dixon (Poetry, February 25th)
Podcast Fiction Download Podcast #32 (“The Four Gardens of Fate” by ) or listen using the player at the Apex website. (26:30 in length)