Most of Apex Magazine’s content can be read free, but producing a monthly publication that features both seasoned pros and new writers costs money. Right now Apex Publications is raising support through a subscription drive that will last until November 13.
We want to offer our content on our website – and will continue to do – so that everyone can experience the soul of Ursula Vernon’s “Pocosin”, the haunting beauty of Damien Angelica Walter’s “Not My Monkeys, Not My Circus: The Elephant’s Tale”, the devastation of Rachel Swirsky’s “If You Were a Dinosaur, My Love”, and the heart-pumping action of Rich Larson’s “Going Endo” but subscriptions and individual issue sales pay our authors and artists.
The goal for the 2015 Apex Magazine Subscription Drive is $5,000.
To help reach this goal, incentives have been added along the way which will make the January, 2016 issue of Apex Magazine (#80) better and better.
The ToC for Issue 80 already includes new stories from Ursula Vernon, Lettie Prell, and Jennifer Hyke, poetry by Samson Stormcrow Hayes, Zebulon Huset, Anton Rose, and Greg Leunig, and a nonfiction article by Lucy A. Snyder. The cover art is by Matt Davis.
As intermediate goals are reached, features will be added to the issue:
- $500 – A 5th piece of original poetry
- $1,000 – A new short story by Chikodili Emelumadu!
- $2,000 – Interview with Chikodili Emelumadu
- $2,500 – A 6th piece of original poetry
- $3,000 – Interview with Ursula Vernon
- $4,000 – A second reprint exclusive to the Apex Magazine eBook/subscriber edition
- $5,000 – A new novelette by Ursula Vernon, set in the same universe as her Nebula award winning story “Jackalope Wives”!
- $6,500 – Stretch Goal! We will open to short fiction submissions on December 1st, 2015, rather than January 1st, 2016.
Here are the different ways to financially support the magazine.
- Subscribe! Yearly subscriptions through Apex are only $17.95 from now until November 13th. You can also subscribe through Weightless Books. Monthly subscriptions are available through Amazon (US)and Amazon (UK).
- Share the love of Apex by purchasing a gift subscription for the scifi lover in your life.
- Become a patron on Patreon. Pledge as little or as much as you want for each issue.
- Chip in one time to the Apex Magazine Tip Jar to help push us toward our goals!