The juried award is given for work by an Australasian author that has horror/dark fiction content either as a focal point or an integral element of the work, and the intent of the work must be to disturb or inspire fear in the reader. Eligible genres/sub-genres include horror, dark fiction, dark fantasy, and paranormal fiction.
Best Collected Work
- Exploring Dark Fiction #2 A Primer to Kaaron Warren, Shadows on the Wall by Steven Paulsen
Best Edited Work
- Hellhole An Anthology of Subterranean Horror – ed. Lee Murray
Best Graphic Novel
- The Demon Hell Is Earth written by Andrew Constant
- Tide of Stone by Kaaron Warren
- Revenants of the Antipodes by Kyla Lee Ward
- Riptide by Dan Rabarts.
The Paul Haines Award for Long Fiction
- The Black Sea by Chris Mason