The shortlist for the BSFA 2017 Awards was released February 15.
The Awards will be presented at Follycon, the 69th Eastercon, in Harrogate, being held from March 30-April 2.
BSFA members can vote online here. Those attending Eastercon can vote at the BSFA stand until noon on the day of the awards ceremony, Saturday, March 31 – Eastercon attendees do not need to be a member of the BSFA to vote onsite.
- Nina Allan – The Rift (Titan Books)
- Anne Charnock – Dreams Before the Start of Time (47North)
- Mohsin Hamid – Exit West (Hamish Hamilton)
- Ann Leckie – Provenance (Orbit)
Best Shorter Fiction
- Anne Charnock – The Enclave (NewCon Press)
- Elaine Cuyegkeng – These Constellations Will Be Yours (Strange Horizons)
- Greg Egan – Uncanny Valley (Tor.com)
- Geoff Nelder – Angular Size (in ‘SFerics 2017’ edited by Roz Clarke and Rosie Oliver, Createspace Independent Publishing Platform)
- Tade Thompson – The Murders of Molly Southbourne (Tor.com)
- Paul Kincaid – Iain M. Banks (University of Illinois Press)
- Juliet E McKenna – The Myth of Meritocracy and the Reality of the Leaky Pipe and Other Obstacles in Science Fiction & Fantasy (in Gender Identity and Sexuality in Current Fantasy and Science Fiction edited by Francesca T Barbini, Luna Press)
- Adam Roberts – Wells at the World’s End 2017 blog posts (Wells at the World’s End blog)
- Shadow Clarke Award jurors – The 2017 Shadow Clarke Award blog (The Anglia Ruskin Centre for Science Fiction and Fantasy). The 2017 Shadow Clarke jurors are: Nina Allan, Maureen Kincaid Speller, Victoria Hoyle, Vajra Chandrasekera, Nick Hubble, Paul Kincaid, Jonathan McCalmont, Megan AM.
- Vandana Singh – The Unthinkability of Climate Change: Thoughts on Amitav Ghosh’s The Great Derangement (Strange Horizons)
- Geneva Benton – Sundown Towns (cover for Fiyah Magazine #3)
- Jim Burns – Cover for The Ion Raider by Ian Whates (NewCon Press)
- Galen Dara – Illustration for ‘These Constellations Will Be Yours’ by Elaine Cuyegkeng (Strange Horizons)
- Chris Moore – Cover for The Memoirist by Neil Williamson (NewCon Press)
- Victo Ngai – Illustration for ‘Waiting on a Bright Moon’ by JY Yang (Tor.com)
- Marcin Wolski – Cover for 2084 edited by George Sandison (Unsung Stories)
[Thanks to Mark Hepworth and Clare Boothby for the story.]