Editor Neil Clarke has announced the finalists for the 2019 Clarkesworld Magazine Reader’s Poll for best story and cover art.
Clarke commented, “It was a close race from the start and once again it ended with ties. The story category was particularly close, with a six-way tie for fifth place. That’s more than we wanted, but the readers have spoken. If it doesn’t work out well, we’ll update the rules next year.”
The public is invited to pick the winners. Go to:
Voting will close February 20 at 8 p.m. EST. The winners will be announced in Clarkesworld’s March issue.
Finalists for Best Story
- “Such Thoughts Are Unproductive” by Rebecca Campbell (December)
- “The Sun from Both Sides” by R.S.A. Garcia (May)
- “Annotated Setlist of the Mikaela Cole Jazz Quintet” by Catherine George (December)
- “Give the Family My Love” by A. T. Greenblatt (February)
- “East of the Sun, West of the Stars” by Brit E. B. Hvide (February)
- “Your Future is Pending” by Matthew Kressel (November)
- “Shattered Sidewalks of the Human Heart” by Sam Miller (July)
- “Dave’s Head” by Suzanne Palmer (September)
- “The Painter of Trees” by Suzanne Palmer (June)
- “Insaan Hain, Farishte Nahin” by Arula Ratnakar (May)
Finalists for Best Cover Art (click on the link to see the image)