The 2018 Compton Crook / Stephen Tall Award nominees have been announced. The award is given by the Baltimore Science Fiction Society for the best science fiction or fantasy novel published during the previous year by an author new to the genre. The winner will be revealed at Balticon 51’s opening ceremonies on May 25.
The nominees are:
- Nicky Drayden for The Prey of Gods published 6/13/2017 by Harper Voyager with ISBN-13: 978-0062493033
- Elan Mastai for All Our Wrong Todays published 2/7/2017 by Dutton with ISBN-13: 978-1101985137
- Robyn Bennis for The Guns Above: A Signal Airship Novel published 5/2/2017 by Macmillan with ISBN-13: 978-0765388766
- Karin Tidbeck for Amatka published 6/27/2017 by Vintage with ISBN-13: 978-1101973950
- Vic James for Gilded Cage (Dark Gifts) published 2/14/2017 by Del Rey with ISBN-13: 978-0425284155
- Theodora Goss for The Strange Case of the Alchemist’s Daughter (The Extraordinary Adventures of the Athena Club) published 6/20/2017 by Saga Press (Simon & Schuster) with ISBN-13: 978-1481466509
- Cat Sparks for Lotus Blue published 3/7/2017 by Tabs with ISBN-13: 978-1940456706
Voting members of BSFS have until the end of April to send their votes to ComptonCrook@bsfs.org and remember only valid voting members of BSFS, not just Balticon members, can vote for this stage of the Crook Award. Final voting for the Award closes at the end of April and the winner will be announced soon thereafter. Congratulations to all of these fine authors.
More information on Balticon, the Maryland Regional Science Fiction Convention, can be found at www.balticon.org
Past Compton Crook Award winners information can be found here.