By Carl Slaughter: DAW is reissuing Tanith Lee’s Flat Earth series. The first book in the series, Night’s Master, was nominated for the World Fantasy Award.
The second book in the series, Death’s Master, won the British Fantasy Award, making her the first woman to win in this category.
Lee was nominated 10 times for the World Fantasy Award in the short story, novella, novel, and anthology categories, winning twice in the short story category.
She was also named a World Horror Grand master and received the World Fantasy lifetime achievement award. She was nominated six times for the British Fantasy Award in the short fiction and novel categories, winning once for Death’s Master. She was nominated twice for the Nebula Award, once for novel and once for short story. Lee died in 2015.
Flat Earth Series
- Night’s Master (1978), (Nominated for the World Fantasy Award for Best Novel, 1979)
- Death’s Master (1979) (British Fantasy Award for Best Novel, 1980)
- Delusion’s Master (1981)
- Delirium’s Mistress (1986)
- Night’s Sorceries (1987) (Nominated for the World Fantasy Award for Best Anthology/Collection, 1988
Additional Short Stories
- “I Bring You Forever” (1998)
- “The Man Who Stole The Moon” (2001)
- “The Origin Of Snow” (2002)
- “The Snake” (2008)
- “The Pain of Glass” (2009)