By Hampus Eckerman: Less than one month to Worldcon 75. In a couple of days, Worldcon 75 is going to publish a restaurant guide to help those who want to plan a pub meet. The area around the convention center caters mostly to lunch restaurants that close around 19:00, so that guide will be very helpful.
I have tried to list all the major events during the days here and also the panels I have seen filers scheduled to participate in. (See below.) This, so it will be easier to detect possible times for meetups. I have left out filers that uses nicks here. Please, write in the comments if you want to be added. Also, comment if I have missed out on some panels with filers in them.
Based on the schedule below, my recommendation is:
12:00 – 14:00 Filer Meetup in Convention Center
18:00 – 21:00 Pubmeet (adjustable)
Pre-Hugo Meet? For those who want to go as a group or perhaps eat something together first. Or perhaps a after-Hugo Meet. For those who want to discuss the winners.
I do think Wednesday or Thursday are the only good days for pubmeets. Please write in comment if you think you will come, so I get an idea of how many people who might come if I should need to book tables. Of course, at MAC2 we were at least three times as many people as those I had booked for, but I think we will be a bit fewer here.
As mentioned in a previous filer post, I will have my own exhibit and will most likely spend some time around it if people wants to find me and say hello.
- 14-15 First Worldcon
- 15-16 Opening Ceremonies
- 16-17 Kevin Standlee: How to get the best out of Business Meeting
- 17-18 Kevin Standlee: WSFS Mark Protection Committee Meeting
- 10-11 Heather Rose Jones: A Stitch in Time: Historical Fantasy
- 10-13 Business Meeting
- 16-17 Lenore Jean Jones: How to Run Your First Convention?
- 16-17 Greg Machlin: Science Fiction and Fantasy in musical theatre
- 16-17 Paul Weimer: How to Start a Podcast
- 17-18 Kevin Standlee: A World of Acclaim: Awards from Around the World
- 10-11 Greg Hullender: Artificial Intelligence in Real Life and SF
- 10-13 Business Meeting
- 13-14 Greg Hullender: Short Fiction
- 13-14 Heather Rose Jones: Signing
- 17-18 Kevin Standlee: How to Start a Worldcon Bid
- 18-19: Kevin Standlee: Friends Don’t Let Friends Run Worldcons
- 18-19:30 Cora Buhlert and Heather Rose Jones: Alien Language in Science Fiction
- 19:30-22:30 Hugo Award
- 10-14 Business Meeting
- 14-15 Cora Buhlert: Digital Hugo – How Do We Adapt the Hugo Categories to an Increasingly Digital Reality?
- 18-19:30 Greg Hullender and Cora Buhlert: The State of Machine Translation
- 19:30-22:30 Masquerade
- 10-15 Business Meeting
- 15-16 Heather Rose Jones: History as World-building
- 16-17 Greg Hullender: The Power of the Reviewer: Promoting and Hiding Diverse Voices