By Rob Thornton: In the Pixel Scroll for March 11, 2018, the Filers discussed a blog post from Kevin Drum of Mother Jones, which alleged that science fiction was “no longer writing” what he wanted to read. As a result of those discussions, John A Arkansawyer suggested that someone create a resource named “Seven simple ways for the casual SF fan to find a likely new book without investing too much time.”
This post attempts to fulfill that request. Here is a collection of links to sites that generate lists of newly published science fiction and fantasy books. If possible, the link leads to a source’s latest list (such as Amazon). If not, the link leads to a list of search results (such as “best new science fiction and fantasy” at Barnes & Noble) which captures the most recent lists. Please add other sources in the comments.
- Amazon New Releases – Science Fiction and Fantasy
- Tor.com New Releases
- Locus Forthcoming Books
- Worlds Without End – Books by Year for 2018
- Barnes & Noble’s Best Science Fiction and Fantasy – Monthly
- io9’s New Science Fiction and Fantasy – Monthly
- John DeNardo’s Monthly New SF/F Reviews @ Kirkus Reviews
- Best SF/F To Read This Month @ The Verge
Thanks to: Both JJ and Dann for making contributions to the list and additional thanks to JJ for cleaning up some of my links as well.