Turku Science Fiction Society (TSFS), founded in 1976, turned 40 on January 27 reports Partial Recall.
Terrakoti is the office and geek living room of six societies located in Turku. It is a safe haven for everyone interested in science fiction, fantasy, horror, Japanese popular culture, roleplaying or console games in Turku.
The other five societies TSFS shares the office with are:
- ? Science Fiction Culture Cabinet at The University of Turku (Tutka)
- ? Turku University’s Role and Strategy Playing Society (Tyrmä)
- ? Turku Anime and Manga Society Senpai
- ? Academic Nintendo Club (ANC)
- ? Föreningen för underliga intressen vid Åbo Akademi (FUI).
TSFS also has close ties to the Finnish Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers Association (FSFWA).
TSFS gives the annual Atorox Award for the best Finnish science fiction or fantasy short story published in the previous year.