The winner of the scholarship will receive travel to and from StokerCon 2019 in Grand Rapids, MI, May 9-12, as well as accommodation, convention membership, and entry to all classes in the convention’s Horror University programming. Open to residents of the 48 contiguous United States.
Horror University has a dozen different sessions and other options this year, conducted by these notable authors and editors:
- Linda Addison / More Scary Forms: The World of Structured Poetry for All Writers
- Michael Arnzen / Making the Reader Squirm
- J.D. Barker / From Indie to Traditional: Every Dirty Little Secret You Need to Know
- Jennifer Brozek / How to Pitch a Story
- Nicole Cushing / Beyond Branding: Discovering the Writer You’re Meant to Be
- Patrick Freivald / Saying More With Less: Word Economy in Writing Genre
- Steve Hopstaken / Novel Writing with Scrivener Software
- John Edward Lawson / Writing Characters of Color
- Angel Leigh McCoy / Audiobooks: Another Revenue Stream for Writers
- John Skipp / The Master Plotting Crash Course
- Tim Waggoner / The Art of Suspense
- Kevin Wetmore Jr. / Research and Write Horror Non-Fiction
Membership in HWA or StokerCon is not necessary in order to apply. The scholarship winner will be announced April 1.