James Bacon had a busy December, reviewing comics and a stage play on Forbidden Planet and Comic Buzz. Here are the links he sent —
- A classic British story of an innocent Polar Bear enraged by the CIA who wish to capture the tin he ate;
- A rather funny play — Dead Static — which I got to see in London;
- Comics do not usually feature in the 1780’s, but this one is particularly good;
- While Loncon 3 GOH Bryan Talbot wins with wins with Mary the Costa Biography Award [PDF file]:
- Husband and wife team Mary and Bryan Talbot, who jointly win the Costa Biography Award for Dotter of Her Father’s Eyes, an interweaving of two father-daughter relationships (that of James Joyce with his daughter Lucia, and that of the author with her father, a James Joyce scholar) and the first graphic work ever to win a Costa Award
- I have to admit that I loved Talbot’s most recent Grandville comic a huge amount;
- And I secretly wish all of Quentin Tarantino’s movies could get the treatment that Django Unchained is having, a comic absolutely true to the original unedited, un-shortened script, as he meant it.