Memberships in Loncon 3, the 2014 Worldcon, will cost more on July 14. The new tariffs will be —
- Full Adult Attending membership rate £135 (US$225 / €175).
- Young Adult Attending membership rate (for members aged between 16 and 25 as of 14 August) £75 (US$125 / €100).
- Child Attending rate (for children aged between 6 and 15 as of 14 August) £35 (US$60 / €50).
- Infant rate (for children aged 5 and under as of 14 August) £5 (US$10 / €10).
- Family membership rate (for two adults and two or more children) £300 (US$500, €400).
The full press release follows the jump.
MEDIA RELEASE #26
Loncon 3, the 72nd World Science Fiction Convention
14-18 August 2014 at ExCeL London
Loncon 3 rates to rise on 14 July
LONDON, UK. 10 June 2014: On 14 July 2014, membership rates to join Loncon 3, the 2014 World Science Fiction Convention, will rise as follows:
- Full Adult Attending membership rates increase from £125 (US$205 / €160) to £135 (US$225 / €175).
- Young Adult Attending membership rates (for members aged between 16 and 25 as of 14 August) increase from £65 (US$110 / €85) to £75 (US$125 / €100).
- Child Attending rates (for children aged between 6 and 15 as of 14 August) increase from £30 (US$50 / €40) to £35 (US$60 / €50).
- Infant rates (for children aged 5 and under as of 14 August) increase from £2 (US$3 / €3) to £5 (US$10 / €10).
- Family membership rates (for two adults and two or more children) increase from £280 (US$470, €360) to £300 (US$500, €400).
The rate for a Supporting membership is unchanged at £25 (US$40 / €35). This is the first increase in Young Adult, Child, and Infant membership rates in 22 months.
Only a little time is left to buy a membership, or to upgrade from a Supporting to an Adult Attending or Young Adult membership, at the current prices.
Loncon 3 is expected to attract more than 7,000 fans to London ExCeL, including hundreds of writers, editors, artists, and other professionals from across the science fiction and fantasy genre. The convention celebrates the genre in all its forms and, in particular, the work of Guests of Honour Iain M Banks, John Clute, Chris Foss, Malcolm Edwards, Jeanne Gomoll, Robin Hobb, and Bryan Talbot.
Full details of how to become a member of Loncon 3 are available at
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE WORLD SCIENCE FICTION CONVENTION
Founded in 1939, the World Science Fiction Convention is one of the largest international gatherings of authors, artists, editors, publishers, and fans of science fiction and fantasy. The annual Hugo Awards, the leading award for excellence in the fields of science fiction and fantasy, are voted on by the Worldcon membership and presented during the convention.
Loncon 3 is the trading name of London 2014 Ltd, a company limited by guarantee, registered in England, company number: 7989510. Registered Office: 176 Portland Road, Jesmond, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE2 1DJ, UK.
“World Science Fiction Society”, “WSFS”, “World Science Fiction Convention”, “Worldcon”, “NASFiC”, “Hugo Award”, the Hugo Award Logo, and the distinctive design of the Hugo Award Trophy Rocket are service marks of the World Science Fiction Society, an unincorporated literary society.