The longlists or shortlists for the Harper Lee Prize for Legal Fiction, Glass Key Award and Margery Allingham Short Story Competition have been announced.
HARPER LEE PRIZE. The finalists for the 2020 Harper Lee Prize for Legal Fiction have been announced by the University of Alabama School of Law. The three books chosen to compete for the prize are:
- The Satapur Moonstone by Sujata Massey
- The Hallows by Victor Methos
- An Equal Justice by Chad Zunker.
The prize, previously authorized by Lee, is given annually to a book-length work of fiction that best illuminates the role of lawyers in society and their power to effect change.
GLASS KEY. The shortlist for the Glass Key 2020 for best Nordic crime novel have been announced.
- Dødfunden (Found Dead)by Gretelise Holm (Denmark)
- Den åttonde tärnan (The Eight Bridesmaid) by Eva Frantz (Finland)
- Svik (Betrayal) by Lilja sigurðardóttir (Iceland)
- Kniv (Knife) by Jo Nesbø (Norway)
- Skuggjägaren (Shadow Hunter) by Camilla Grebe (Sweden)
MARGERY ALLINGHAM. Finally, the longlist for the 2020 Margery Allingham Short Story Competition has been announced by the Crime Writers Association of the UK.
- The Boy from Galway Bay by Sally Bothroyd
- The Last Letter by Antony M Brown
- The Nantes Affair by Briony Cameron
- Prey by Amelia Coulon
- Voices by Lauren Everdell
- The Jewish Laundry by Michael Hare
- One Bright Blue Day in Amsterdam by Jennifer Harvey
- A Time to Confess by Della Millward
- Sting in the Tail by Laila Murphy
- A Death in the Library by Emily Organ
- F8 by Alexandra Pendjiky
- Morning Murder by Wendy Swarbrick
[Thanks to Cora Buhlert for the story.]