What the Fox?!, edited by Fred Patten, will be published by Thurston Howl Publications on March 3, and is available for pre-order. It will be for sale on the THP online catalogue afterwards.
From a llama barbershop quartet to a lupine generation gap, a rabbit king battling a dinosaur (or is it a dragon?), a human with a spider fiancée, a dog-hating postal deliveryperson turned into a werechihuahua, inept wolf Vikings, a dog movie screenwriter, and more; these are stories for your imagination and enjoyment. Plus: each author’s favorite animal joke, and a recommended reading bibliography.
What the Fox?! is an anthology of 21 original short stories and two reprints, of anthropomorphic animals in humorous situations. This is designed to appeal to both s-f & fantasy fans, and fans of fantasy humor. Each story has an illustration by Tabsley (the cover artist) or Jeqon.
The anthology is available in two editions. The regular edition is in trade paperback, and the illustrations are in black-&-white and grayscale. The deluxe edition is in hardcover and the illustrations are in full color. Each edition has a different cover.
- FAPD, by Sofox
- Perfect Harmony, by Jaleta Clegg
- Counter-Curlture, by Televassi
- The Carrot is Mightier Than the Sword, by Nidhi Singh
- A Web of Truths, by James Hudson
- Suddenly, Chihuahua, by Madison Keller
- Kenyak’s Saga, by MikasiWolf
- Rapscallions, by Mary E. Lowd
- Dazzle Joins the Screenwriters’ Guild, by Scott Bradfield
- A Late Lunch, by Nightshade
- Riddles in the Road, by Searska GreyRaven
- The Lost Unicorn, by Shawn Frazier
- Boomsday, by Jennie Brass
- Oh! What a Night!, by Tyson West
- Moral for Dogs, by Maggie Veness
- Broadstripe, Virginia Smells Like Skunk, by Skunkbomb
- A Legend In His Own Time, by Fred Patten
- The Cat’s Meow, by Lisa Pais
- Woolwertz Department Store Integrated Branch Employee Manual: Human-Furred Relations, by Frances Pauli
- A List of Erotica Clichés You Should Avoid in Your Heat Submission, by Dark End
- The Best and Greatest Story Ever, by Mog Moogle
- Self-Insertion, by Jaden Drackus
- The Best and Greatest Sequel: Pron Harder Damnit!, by Some Guy Who Is Definitely Not The Main Character
Regular edition: $18.00. Deluxe edition: $25.00. 291 pages. Cover by Tabsley; 28 interior illustrations by Tabsley and Jeqon. Regular ISBN 978-1-945247-30-9. Deluxe ISBN 978-1-945247-31-6.