Dogs of War II: Aftermath, edited by Fred Patten, is launching at Midwest FurFest 2017 in Rosemont (Chicago), Illinois over the November 30-December 3 four-day weekend. The book can be pre-ordered from FurPlanet Productions. It will be for sale on the FurPlanet online catalogue afterwards.
Dogs of War II: Aftermath is an all-original anthology of 20 short stories and novelettes of anthropomorphic animals (not just dogs) in military scenarios, from battle action to boot camps, from the past to the future, on land, at sea, and in space.
From bioengineered military dogs with Artificial Intelligence to a fawn trying to prove he is a stag, a horse sailor on a warship, a canid-ape space war, a self-aware robot bird, a fox soldier passed over for a deserved promotion, reindeer Vikings, animal Sea Bees constructing an island airstrip, and more; these are stories for your imagination and enjoyment.
- Dog, Extended, by Cairyn
- Remembrance, by Alice “Huskyteer” Dryden
- Scars, by Televassi
- The Surface Tension, by Dwale
- My Brother’s Shadow, by M. R. Anglin
- Close to Us, by MikasiWolf
- Lime Tiger, by Slip-Wolf
- Umbra’s Legion: The Destruction of Ismara, by Geoff Galt
- Umbra’s Legion: Charon’s Obol, by Adam Baker
- The Call, by Lord Ikari
- Every Horse Will Do His Duty, by Thurston Howl
- Matched Up, by K. Hubschmid
- The Son of Goulon Stumptail, by NightEyes DaySpring
- Noble, by Thomas “Faux” Steele
- Trial by Error, by Jaden Drackus
- The Night the Stars Fell, by KC Alpinus
- Tears of the Sea, by MikasiWolf
- The Pack, by Argyron
- Red Engines, by Kris Schnee
- Going Home, by Miles Reaver
Price: $19.95. 478 pages. Wraparound cover by Teagan Gavet. ISBN 978-1-61450-397-2.