Orson Scott Card will be guest of honor at the Oral Roberts University Conference on Science and Science Fiction: Science, Faith, and the Imagination on April 17-18
This two-day interdisciplinary conference – sponsored by the colleges of Arts and Cultural Studies and Science and Engineering at Oral Roberts University – will examine the relationships between science and science fiction, social science and science fiction, and theology and science fiction in all forms of science and science fiction, including science fiction stories, film, television, radio, graphic novels, and theoretical physics.
The conference invited scholars to present papers on —
- Science Fiction and Theology. Investigating the relationship between science fiction and theology.
- Science in Science Fiction. Discussing the plausibility of fantastical science fiction concepts such as time travel, warp drives, cloaking devices, and (quantum) teleportation.
- Hard Science Fiction. Examining scientific rigor in science fiction.
- Social Sciences in Science Fiction. Investigating psychological, sociological, and cultural issues in science fiction.
- The Relationship between Science and Science Fiction. Exploring how science drives science fiction and/or how science fiction drives science.
- Original Science Fiction Short Stories.