(1) The opening scene of Colony, Episode 3, is a teacher being arrested for teaching Fahrenheit 451. (Beware spoilers at link.)
(2) Green Town is a tribute to writer Ray Bradbury and the town of Waukegan, where he spent his formative years, filmed and edited by Sean Anderson (seanandersonmedia.com). The audio is taken from an interview with Ray Bradbury used with permission from the Waukegan Public Library.
(3) Ray Bradbury had a cameo in the party scene of Rich and Famous (1981), a movie with Jacqueline Bisset and Candice Bergen.
(4) David L. Wolper made a 25-minute documentary about Ray Bradbury in 1963.
(5) Can you imagine? Invasion of the Body Snatchers might have been narrated by Ray Bradbury.
9. IT COULD’VE BEEN NARRATED BY ORSON WELLES. OR RAY BRADBURY.
Walter Wanger desperately wanted two Orson Welles scenes to bookend the movie. As a prologue, the Citizen Kane director would offer an unsettling soliloquy. Then, at the end of the movie, he’d return with this sobering advice: “In this day and age, anything can happen. And if you’re asleep when it does, you’re next.” Unfortunately, scheduling conflicts kept Welles out of the film. Wanger later toyed with the idea of giving Welles’ part to legendary sci-fi author Ray Bradbury, but ultimately opted to cut out the narrator role altogether.