The finalists for this year’s Sidewise Awards have been revealed.
The winners will be announced on-line on October 15.
- Rick Wilber: “The Secret City,” Asimov’s, 9/10, 2018
- Oscar (Xiu) Ramirez and Emmanuel Valtierra, Codex Valtierra, 2018
- Mary Robinette Kowal, The Calculating Stars, Tor, 2018
- Hannu Rajaniemi, Summerland, Tor, 2018
- Charles Rosenberg, The Trial and Execution of the Traitor George Washington, Hanover Square, 2018
- Lavie Tidhar, Unholy Land, Tachyon Publications, 2018
The Sidewise Awards for Alternate History were first given in 1996. The award takes its name from Murray Leinster’s 1934 short story “Sidewise in Time,” in which a strange storm causes portions of Earth to swap places with their analogs from other timelines.
[Thanks to Steven H Silver and Mark Hepworth for the story.]