The Tähtivaeltaja (“Star Rover”) Award finalists have been posted. The award, sponsored by the Helsinki Science Fiction Society, goes to the best science fiction book published in Finland in the previous year.
The nominees were selected by a jury composed of journalist Hannu Blommila, editor Toni Jerrman, critic Elli Leppä, and critic Kaisa Ranta.
- Laura Gustafsson: Rehab (Into)
- Emmi Itäranta: Kuunpäivän kirjeet (Teos)
- Kim Liggett: Armonvuosi (The Grace Year, translated into Finnish by Leena Ojalatva; Karisto)
- Liu Cixin: Kuolema on ikuinen (Death’s End, Sishen yongsheng, translated into Finnish by Rauno Sainio; Aula & Co)
- David Foster Wallace: Päättymätön riemu (Infinite Jest, translated into Finnish by Tero Valkonen; Siltala & Sanavalinta)
The winner will be announced in April or May.