The nominees for the Tähtivaeltaja Award, given to the best science fiction book published in Finland in the previous year, have been reported by Partial Recall.
- Uusi maa (MaddAddam) by Margaret Atwood (Otava)
- Kudottujen kujien kaupunki by Emmi Itäranta (Teos)
- Haikaran silmä (The Eye of the Heron) by Ursula K. Le Guin (Vaskikirjat)
- Hävitys (Annihilation) by Jeff VanderMeer (Like)
- Liktorin miekka (The Sword of the Lictor) by Gene Wolfe (Gummerus)
The nominees were selected by a jury of journalist Hannu Blommila, editor Toni Jerrman, critic Elli Leppä, and critic Antti Oikarinen. The award winner will be announced in May.
[Via SF Site News.]