Tapping that vast wellspring of love for the author, “Viewing the Remains of Bradbury’s Home” went viral, receiving 10 times more hits than anything ever posted here before. John King Tarpinian’s story and photos about the teardown of Ray’s house were picked up by the LA Times, LA Curbed, NBC Los Angeles, and Architect.com as well as forums on Reddit and Metafilter, and were linked by any number of Twitter users.
Any other month, Brad Torgersen’s announcement of Sad Puppies 3 — that miserable effort to reduce the Hugo Awards to a left-right fucktard slapfight — would have been the top post. Even so, it ranked second and carried two related posts into the Top 10.
Apart from the Chip Delany tribute anthology, you might have been hard-pressed to find any “happy news” in this list had not a three-way tie for tenth place lifted the Lovecraft Beer story above the event horizon…
Here are the top 10 posts for January 2015 according to Google Analytics.
- Viewing the Remains of Bradbury’s Home
- Torgersen Volunteers To Be Leader of the Pack
- Letter To A Higher Critic
- Did Sad Puppies Save Worldcon?
- FJ Bergmann Defends Against WisCon Harassment Complaint
- The Demolished Fan and Other Bradbury News
- What Stories Are In “Stories for Chip”?
- Cops Bust Fans With Fake Guns On Their Way To Canadian Anime Convention
- Melissa Conway Retires from the Eaton Collection of Science Fiction and Fantasy
- (tie) O Sasquan, My Sasquan
- (tie) Joe Franklin, R.I.P.
- (tie) Lovecraft Beer Premieres 1/19