Hugo Award-winning Publishers/Editors-in-Chief Lynne M. Thomas (Chicks Dig Time Lords, Apex Magazine) and Michael Damian Thomas (Queers Dig Time Lords, Glitter & Mayhem) have released Uncanny Magazine Issue Five. All of the content is available for purchase as an eBook (PDF, EPUB, MOBI) beginning today. The free online content will be released in 2 stages—half on July 7, and half on August 4.
There is new short fiction by Mary Robinette Kowal, E. Lily Yu, Shveta Thakrar, Charlie Jane Anders, Sarah Monette, and Delilah S. Dawson, classic fiction by Scott Lynch, nonfiction by Natalie Luhrs, Sofia Samatar, Michael R. Underwood, and Caitlín Rosberg, poems by C. S. E. Cooney, Bryan Thao Worra, and Sonya Taaffe, interviews with E. Lily Yu and Delilah S. Dawson, and Antonio Caparo’s Companion Devices on the cover. Plus two podcasts.
- The Rainbow Flame by Shveta Thakrar
- Woman at Exhibition by E. Lily Yu
- Midnight Hour by Mary Robinette Kowal
- Ghost Champagne by Charlie Jane Anders (available Aug 04, 2015)
- The Half-Life of Angels by Sarah Monette (available Aug 04, 2015)
- A Year and a Day In Old Theradane by Scott Lynch (available Aug 04, 2015)
- Catcall by Delilah S. Dawson (available Aug 04, 2015)
- Slices of Failure in Super Science by Bryan Thao Worra
- The Saga of Captain Jens by C. S. E. Cooney
- [Greek word] by Sonya Taaffe (available Aug 04, 2015)
- Writing Queerly: Three Snapshots by Sofia Samatar
- Thank You, Kickstarter Backers! by Lynne M. Thomas and Michael Damian Thomas
- Ethics of Reviewing by Natalie Luhrs
- Representation Matters: Embracing Change in Comics by Caitlín Rosberg (available Aug 04, 2015)
- 21st Century Heroes—Representation in Marvel and DC’s Cinematic Universes by Michael R. Underwood (available Aug 04, 2015)
- Interview: E. Lily Yu by Deborah Stanish
- Interview: Delilah S. Dawson by Deborah Stanish (available Aug 04, 2015)
- Episode 5A: Editors’ Introduction, Mary Robinette Kowal’s “Midnight Hour” (as read by Amal El–Mohtar), C.S.E. Cooney’s “The Saga of Captain Jens” (as read by the author), and an interview with Mary Robinette Kowal conducted by Deborah Stanish.
- Episode 5B: Editors’ Introduction, Charlie Jane Anders’s “Ghost Champagne” (as read by C.S.E. Cooney), Sonya Taaffe’s “[Greek word]” (as read by Amal El–Mohtar), and interviews.