Steve and Sue Francis have opened the nominations for the next Down Under Fan Fund delegate. The winning fan will travel to Aussiecon 4 (September 2-6, 2010), then take over administration and promotion of the fund for the next cycle.
The full press release appears after the jump.
DOWN UNDER FAN FUND 2010
Nominations are now open for the 2010 Down Under Fan Fund a.k.a. DUFF.
Prospective candidates will have until January 31st 2010 to file the documents required to have one’s name placed in nomination and added to the ballot. The ballots will be published and distributed in early February, 2010. The voting period will run from February 10th thru March 31st, 2010.
Candidates should file the following documents:
- A brief letter stating one’s intent to run for DUFF 2010.
- Five letters of nomination, three from North America and two from Australia or New Zealand. E-mailed letters are acceptable.
- A 100 word or less platform statement specifying the candidate’s reasons for running and qualifications for becoming the 2010 DUFF delegate.
- An entry fee of $25.00USD (which will be added to the current DUFF account).
The duties of the winning candidate will be as follows:
- Travel to Australia and attend Aussiecon 4, the 68th World Science Fiction Convention on September 2-6, 2010 in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
- Visit and get to know as many Australian Science Fiction fans as time will permit.
- Become the DUFF administrator for the term running from Aussiecon 4 thru the 51st Australian National Convention (NatCon) to be held in 2012.
- Raise funds and maintain an account to be used by the next southbound delegate(s) in 2012.
- Publish a trip report covering the time of one’s travels in Australia and attendance at the convention.
Please send all documents and fees to the current DUFF administrators:
Steve and Sue Francis
PO Box 58009
Louisville KY 40268-0009