The Australian SF (“Ditmar”) Awards for 2018 were presented at the 2018 Australian National SF Convention, (Swancon 43), in Perth on April 1.
- Crossroads of Canopy, Thoraiya Dyer, Tor.
Best Novella or Novelette
- “Girl Reporter”, Tansy Rayner Roberts, in Girl Reporter, Book Smugglers Publishing.
Best Short Story
- “A Pearl Beyond Price”, Janeen Webb in Cthulhu Deep Down-Under Vol 1, IFWG Publishing Australia.
Best Collected Work
- Ecopunk!, Cat Sparks and Liz Grzyb, Ticonderoga Publications.
- cover art, Lewis Morley, for Matters Arising from the Identification of the Body, Peggy Bright Books.
Best Fan Publication in Any Medium
- SF Commentary, edited by Bruce Gillespie.
Best Fan Writer
- Stephanie Lai, for writing at No Award.
Best Fan Artist
- Shauna O’Meara, for “How to Bee” (based on the novel by Bren MacDibble).
Best New Talent
- Stephanie Lai
William Atheling Jr Award for Criticism or Review
- Ambelin Kwaymullina, for “Reflecting on Indigenous Worlds, Indigenous Futurisms and Artificial Intelligence”, Twelfth Planet Press.
[Thanks to Mark Hepworth for the story.]
The only one I’ve read is “Girl Reporter”, and that’s a very fun story. Congrats to all.
See, this is how you do it – announce winners on Easter/Passover directly! No messing around with nominations on this particular weekend. 😉
More seriously: Congrats to all the winners! 😀
[Caffeine han’t kicked in yet; I started typing my home webmail password into File770.com’s e-mail field to comment. Gah.]
Seeing as how it’s Passover, Mazel Tov to Bruce Gillespie!